Crunch time

So, this weekend will be filled with packing and cleaning. Hopefully some relaxing and a little bit of social drinking as well. Maybe we'll play some shoot 'em up in Call of Duty.

This is it, his last weekend here with us. Thankfully he's already off work for the day (was home around 10, actually) and is taking care of one last thing for me. Then we are off to scrutinize his gear list and see what he'll have to purchase still. I'm crossing my fingers that the list will be short and inexpensive...but who am I kidding. Our house will look something like this probably for the duration of the weekend.



I'll be irritated with how long it takes to get it all together, with how much we realize we need to replace/repair/purchase, with everything that he doesn't end up needing to take but doesn't put away. Then, come Tuesday, I'll wish for it all to be back. The mess, the stress, the chaos of it all. Anything just to have him home. He truly is my other half and I don't know what I would do a lot of the time if I didn't have him. I don't want to say that I don't know what I'd do without him here, because that upsets him. He seems to think sometimes that I will cease to function if I say such things. That's not the case at all. Some things will be more difficult without him here, I don't foresee anything completely unmanageable though. So, I probably won't be around until later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment