Happy 8th Birthday to my little Leprechaun

Who cares about St Patty's Day when we have a birthday to celebrate?!

That's right, Anthony is 8 today. He was a bit bummed that the school policy is no homemade treats for birthdays. I felt horrible for trying to explain that it would cost a lot of money to buy store-made cupcakes for 24 kids and I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to do it. I decided to surprise him at school by dropping off the tiniest (the store advertised them as '2 bite') vanilla cupcakes. They were the cheapest ones I could find, 12 for $4. I had had my hopes set on the St Patty's themed green ones that I saw first, but those were 6 cupcakes for $4. Anyway...not important at the current moment...

So, he was super excited when I came into his class with the cupcakes. I left them with his teacher and wished him a Happy Birthday and took the two little ones back home. After school we headed out to soccer practice. He'll open his presents Saturday after their soccer games and after we stop at Toys R Us so he can pick out his new bike, his big birthday gift from us.

So, here's my little leprechaun enjoying his quesadilla for dinner while wearing his birthday crown he got from school. Love you buddy!

Anthony Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment