So, I had such high hopes of this cake smash with Bella. I had envisioned great light and cooperative kids, the stars would align and it would all be nearly perfect {I know better than to hope for perfect ha!}. We didn't get her cake made til a few days after her birthday. Then I tried to tint the white cream cheese frosting pink and it ended up a lavender color instead, but nothing too traumatic so far. I found the piece of plexiglass I bought for her to sit and peeled the protective coating off. She had seemed eager to grab the cake from me when I showed it to her in the kitchen, I thought she was going to be really into it and took her cue and got everything set up. I called Tommy down to help. After I got her on the plexiglass with the cake nothing really went well. She lightly drug her hand across the frosting and hesitantly put her fingers in her mouth, nothing like I had seen the boys do with their birthday cakes. She did smear some frosting on her legs and used it to paint on the plexiglass (good investment for not getting the carpet dirty), she barely made a dent in the actual cake part. I knew I didn't get as many shots as I had hoped, but I was downright disappointed when I downloaded them from the memory card and most of them were just not good. This is probably the only one that I will show anyone, the other ones are just not great.

Fast forward a few more days and we finally sang her happy birthday. Though the cake I had made for it didn't turn out right, so I improvised and set-up the cake pops in a clear jar and rested the candle among them. It was pretty cute.Next time though I'm getting some floral foam or a block of styrofoam to stick the sticks into while the candy coating dries, otherwise you end up with what you see in the picture - a flat top and you can see the cake through it (they still tasted good though).

So, we sang and she eagerly reached for the cake pops. Once we gave her one she tore into it. lol She knew just want to do and she seemed to like it. Maybe it's because the cake pops were pink and the cake had purple frosting? I don't know what the difference was, but I'm mad at myself for not getting more pictures of her on her birthday. Now I have to set up a time and place to do a 1 year birthday shoot for her, though I'm slightly tempted to pay someone else to do them for me...I just can't justify the expense when I have all the stuff to do them myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment