Lately we've been a bit busy. In February we had Jackie and Jason out for mid winter break. Tom's cousin, his wife and their son also came to hang out for a weekend. They were all here to help celebrate Alex's 6th birthday. Poor kid was sick nearly the entire week that his Aunt Jackie was here though. Poor kid was downright miserable most days. The kids went back to school the following week and they also started soccer practices. This season we are busy doing practice or games 6 days a week. It's exhausting and it feels like it leaves little time to take care of other things. My time management skills have proven that they aren't up to par. The house is suffering and I'm constantly tired. Thankfully the kids have a week off of school for spring break here shortly so I'm hoping to pack my days as full as the kids will allow and get most of the things under control.
Today Tom went on a field trip with Anthony's class. I signed up one of us last week out of fear that his class would be unable to go on the field trip once again due to a lack of parent volunteers for drivers. They don't always get bus transportation so they rely on enough parents to volunteer to drive. They didn't get to go on their last field trip because they didn't have enough drivers. I felt horrible. I have the capability to drive 5 or 6 kids but its just so hard to coordinate with Tom's work schedule and making sure there's someone to watch Bella during the day if necessary and picking Alex up from his morning kindergarten class.
Well, I suppose I should wrap this up before it becomes too long and boring of a post. I'm going to try to make a much better effort in posting more often. This blog thing is mainly for me to document our lives at this point, but I like having it available to the family so they can read updates on the kids. So I'll leave you with a picture of Bella at the beach that I took when we went for an hour or so back in January.
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment