I feel horrible that I'm behind on posting about a certain little man's 5th birthday (though, if you ask him he's 7, or wait, is it 11? Maybe he's 35 today?). We were able to celebrate his birthday with Grandma in town which was nice. Grandma took him shopping at Toys R Us so he could pick out his birthday gift. He wandered around the store playing with nearly everything but he just couldn't make a decision. That is until he saw the area where they had the wooden trains and the train table set up. So we drilled him. Is this what you want? Are you really sure? Are you sure? We'll buy this and take it home and you're going to play with it, right? Each answer he answered with a yes. Sometimes after repeating ourselves more than we care to. He was just so involved with playing with the train. So he got the train tracks and a street crossing from Grandma. I bought him a two Thomas trains to go with it since those were the ones he was playing with. We got him the one that was on the table since he said he needed that particular one. While I was looking for that train I stumbled across a little yellow train that bared the name, Isabella. So, I grabbed that up too :)
On his actual birthday he opened his gifts from us. He got a brand-spankin-new DSi XL (can't forget the XL), a red bean bag and a season of Family Guy.

We opened presents on his birthday, the day that we had to bring Grandma to the airport to go back to MI. We ran out of time to get him his birthday ice cream from Coldstone on that day. We actually, kept putting it off until Tom left and we still hadn't sang Happy Birthday to him. I felt so horrible. So, like any good, guilt-ridden mother I let him pick out some chocolate syrup and ice cream at the store. We bought him some candles and that night, a week late, after dinner - we sang Happy Birthday to my littlest boy.
Happy Birthday little man! We all love you very much!
So, I have to admit... I got a little teary eyed after reading this one. I miss you guys so bad and I felt horrible about not singing for him. I wish I was there to correct that, but I hope to be around for 'Trick or Treating'.
ReplyDelete